Along Caves Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
July 23rd 2019
Published: July 24th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Taking a picnic lunch we headed down to Augusta and Cape Leeuwin where the Southern Ocean meets the Indian. The winds were fair but still cool so we ate in the car as we overlooked the rolling Indian Ocean.







Driving back along Caves Road we came across a little glade in the Karri forest – it was so pretty. Right beside the roadway a few cars sped on by, but we took the time just to stop and listen to the birds and marvel at these tall, straight trees with such attractive bark.







Surfers Point is just one of many surf beaches along the south west coast. It is not far from the Margaret River Mouth. The infrastructure linking these scenic spots is brilliant – boardwalks, stairways and ramps, walking paths and parking spots – in fact, everywhere we have been we have been very impressed with the development undertaken to make it perfect for tourists to enjoy.







The river mouth was mesmerizing – as fast as the ocean waves reached the narrow channel so the river waters meeting them pushed back.







Another lovely day. The skies are quite overcast but at 16oC it is not cold and today there has been no rain. Bonus!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.2559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb