Busselton Jetty


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
July 22nd 2019
Published: July 24th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Busselton Jetty was built in 1865 and over time has been extended to reach the 1.841km length of today. It is the longest wooden pylon jetty in the southern hemisphere.







The wind had dropped considerably this morning so we were able to do the Jetty Walk. Now, I’ll admit to being out of my comfort zone – way out – but I held on tight and we did it together. There were some “interesting” conversations on the way out, but the sea was calm and we were soon at the end of our 25minute walk to the end. We didn’t go down to the underwater observatory, tickets at $39 being too expensive if I wasn’t sure I could cope. A quick few photos and it was time to head back. The wind had started to pick up and it was quite breezy by the time we reached the shore, at what seemed a quicker pace.







A tasty BLAT on the foreshore for lunch and we were then off to taste some Margaret River regions produce. No vineyards/breweries today, we’ll save them for another day. We did however find ourselves tasting and buying some delicious cheeses and yoghurt from Margaret River Dairy Company, some chocolates, dressings and mulled wine spices from Providore & finally some very flavoursome olive oil products from Vasse Virgin. Lots of artisans produce to be had; you could very easily forget the budget and spend up big. A stop too at the Yallingup Shearing Shed for some merino and possum wool garments meant we had an expensive but most enjoyable tour around about.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb