Day 5 of the "Not Another Shagging Lighthouse" Tour 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Yallingup
July 17th 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 5

Fremantle - Bunbury - Dunsborough - Yallingup

Bunbury LighthouseBunbury LighthouseBunbury Lighthouse

Light House Number 1
Day 5 and the day of reckoning was upon us! All the talking had been done (and there was a lot of talking done) and it was time to hit the road! We piled all the gear into the car, thanking God that it was just the two of us going, and pulled out of Fremantle and onto the highway. We were away!

First stop was the picturesque town of Bunbury. Wanting to stay as close to the coast as possible we followed the tourist drive and found ourselves at a lighthouse and viewing tower! This gave a fine view of the town and its surrounds, so far so good!

We pushed on south and soon came to Busselton where we had our first “picnic” lunch. Peanut butter and Jam sandwiches all round by Busselton’s jetty where a Kilbrittain flag was flying high. Here also we saw another lighthouse (there’s a lot of lighthouse’s in WA’s south west), only this one was disused and had a slide coming off of it.

Further south still we pushed and came to the Dunsborough & Yallingup area. Here we found a nice campsite by the beach and decided to set up
Viewing TowerViewing TowerViewing Tower

Nice Views
camp for the night. Right Kmart, time to see how good your $15 tents were! By the time we’d the tents set up, there were worried looks on both our faced. Very worried looks! Tents as I’ve always known them have had an inner and an outer layer, and this was no different for the Kmart tents, however, the outer layer of the Kmart tents only came down about 6 inches either side of the tent, just covering the air vents. Big trouble! The was no two ways about it, if it rained we were going to get wet like! Now, it never looked like raining but it was pretty cold (that’s probably an understatement) and the next morning we knew that there was no way we’d survive like this all the way to Sydney! No chance!

Giving Kmart a chance to redeem themselves after the catastrophe that was the tents, we pulled out the gas cooker, pots, pans and cutlery that were also purchased in their fine establishment. Flaming chicken and rice was cooked in no time. The cooker worked, and worked well which was a positive, and to be honest id eat Coles brand rice and Heinz’s
Kilbrittain FlagKilbrittain FlagKilbrittain Flag

Hon da Seaside Rovers
two dollar dinner in a tin all the way from here to Sydney. Compliments to the chefs!



Bonus Reading - Wolf Creek Moment 1:

When we first pulled up at a viewing point in Yallingup, ours was the only car there. High above the sea with thick scrub all around apart from the road you’d be forgiven for thinking two cars might pass here a day! No less than twenty seconds after we jumped out of the car to take a few photos, a Jeep had torn in behind us and halted on the brakes. Looking around us, and into the Jeep we couldn’t see the man’s face behind the sun visor. He proceeded to sit there for about a minute not budging from the car! “This is how it starts” says Coley! As an anti-climax he tore off as quickly as he arrived and we weren’t killed, but I’m sure Wolf Creek Moment 2 isn’t that far down the road!



Kmart 1 - Us 1

(Tents) (Gas Cooker)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Yallingup BeachYallingup Beach
Yallingup Beach

Coley by the Sea
Kmart TentsKmart Tents
Kmart Tents

Shabby Shabby Workmanship
Kmart StoveKmart Stove
Kmart Stove

Cole is the Masterchef like


21st July 2012

Enjopy.

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb