Day 4 of the "What d'ya mean those $15 dollar tents'll leak like f*%k" Tour 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
July 16th 2012
Published: July 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Shopping in KmartShopping in KmartShopping in Kmart

I think we'll need a second trolley
Not much to report on Day 4 but preparations! Typical in a way I suppose it all comes down to the last day to get our house in order! Camping supplies, food and anything we thought we’d need we scraped together today.

First stop was Harvey Norman to Price an inverter to charge laptops off the 12V cigarette lighter in the car! A vital tool for the modern day backpackers! We were a bit suspicious when the salesman offered us the inverter for $90 straight off the mark even though it was priced at $100 but sure we said we’d take it anyways!

Next stop was Kmart and camping supplies were the target. Fair play, Kmart isn’t known for quality but we’re on a budget so tents, tarps, cookware and even fishing gear was purchased here! A drum of motor oil and transmission fluid never go astray on a road-trip and as we were picking them of the shelf in the auto section we noticed an inverter on the shelf. The same model as in Harvey Norman and only 1/3 of the price! No wonder the lad in Harvey Norman gave us a tenner off straight away! No surprises that we bought that one and returned the other one.

Food was next on the list and given our mode of transport and accommodation, in all honesty it was never likely that lobster and steak would be on the menu for the coming month. Tinned everything you could imagine now sit in the boot of The Seaside Rover, waiting for our departure in the morning. One more stop off tomorrow to pick up a pair of brand new 35’s and a sliotar and we’re away. Margaret River, we’re on our way!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb