10 Years and a Flushing Toilet


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Stirling Range
January 1st 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

16.12.2010, today is our 10th anniversary and we are still very happy, in fact I'd go so far as to say the last 12-24months have been the best of our married life, cool. Today is also the day we left Albany, a short drive of about 1 hour toward the Stirling Ranges, Moinup Springs, our campsite for the night.

This place is just a little DEC camp, $7 per adult per night just off the main road about 50m. Happily there is also a camp host which means once again no partiers, happy sleep. Our camp host was a very small, very serious lady who took her position very seriously, in fact you'd think she had a stake in the DEC, this was both good and bad. For the DEC I'm sure they love people like this who really care about what they're doing and look after the campsites so well. She was a nice lady who gave the kids an ice block each and was very helpful, the only issue was, she wouldn't leave us alone. There we were trying to have a romantic anniversary dinner and this lady kept coming by to chat, it really was most off putting and romance killing. It was a good campsite though with great free and incredibly clean gas BBQ's, but as far as Zali was concerned the best thing was Flushing Toilets!

“Flushing Toilets!” has become the catch cry of the kids whenever we hit a campsite that has them, Zali particularly doesn't like the pit toilets. We try to explain that the pit toilet today is so much better than the ones we had when we were kids, it's actually totally impossible to fall in most of the ones we have now days and they very, very rarely stink and are usually clean. But still, “Flushing Toilets!” is one of the highlights of our travels and I must admit it is nice, allow me to recount Zali's wonder at the toilets at Moinup Springs. As she and Belinda walked into the toilets Zali spoke, “ Wow, these toilets look like they were only built today.....at least they look like they've just been painted today...or someone has just cleaned them.” It's a sad thing that even though we've travelled around 20000km toilets are an item of fascination and much discussion, I'm sure we aren't alone in this though.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb