B4 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » South Yunderup
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Continent: Australia

What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything for the poor.

In Australia, there are four tiers of class: Upper class, middle class, working class, and underclass. Class is determined by occupation and income. The underclass is mainly made up of the poor, unemployed, and homeless. Above the underclass is the working class. These are tradesmen, factory workers, and laborers. The difference between the working and underclass is that the working class have jobs and earn income. Above the working class is the middle class which is divided into three different sub-classes. These sub-classes are the lower middle class, the central middle class, and the upper middle class. Above the middle class is the upper class. These people are either born wealthy, or they made themselves wealthy. Education is a factor in class. Nothing is really done to support the poor.

In Australia, the four tiers of class are dependent upon education. If a person is well educated, then they will have more income and a higher level of class. This class system is a traditional class system with the exception of the three sub-classes under the middle class. The lower classes are workers while the upper class is made up of the wealthy. This type of social class separation is well known throughout the world. Lots of countries abide by the lower, middle and upper class system. Unfortunately, in this class system, Australia doesn't have support for the lowest class; the poor.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~johnthorpe64/Class_in_Australia.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb