B4 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Alta
November 20th 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Norway, Europe

What is the role of gun violence in Norway? How does it relate to the United States?

Guns play a huge role in Norway; in contrast, there are rarely any gun related murders in Norway. More than 1,300,000 people own guns. This is very impressive considering the fact that they have little gun violence with lots of gun possession. Here's a fun fact: in 2005, there was a jaw dropping gun related deaths in Norway. When there has been a report of a killing or someone just dying from general purposes, people don't assume gun violence, and when the cause of death is gun violence, people are overwhelmed and bewildered.




On the other hand, the United States is completely different than Norway. The United States has some of the most dangerous cities in it. This kind of makes the United states as a whole very dangerous. In 2005, the United States had an enormous amount of 10, 158 gun related murders in it. That's very frightening. That's why people automatically assume gun violence when they here the word murder. We aren't as peaceful as the Norwegians. In the United States, an estimated 270,000,000 guns are owned by the citizens. Thus, gun violence is more active here than in Norway.



http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/guns-common-norway-gun-violence-rare

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/272787/norway-and-gun-control-charlie-cooke



http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/norway

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb