B4 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Canal Rocks
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Australia

What is the dominant religion in Australia and how does this faith differ from Christianity?

Australia's religion is made up of complex beliefs and practices. Australia's religious beliefs center around god as do Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths. Most people in Australia are of the Christian faith. In fact, 64%!o(MISSING)f the population are christian. Only about 6%!o(MISSING)f the population is not Christian. Australian religion is different from Christianity in some ways. For example, their religion is also nature based. In the summer, they worship the cricket. They also perform lots of rituals. They make sacrifices for God by sitting in front of the altar for hours while passing coins to robotic figures. This shows their gratitude for their gifts.

Australia's dominant religion is Christianity. Thus, their faith can't differ from Christianity. However, they do somethings differently. The fact that they worship an insect such as the cricket is interesting enough. They worship God, but they also worship the cricket. Also, they show gratitude to God by giving coins to a robotic figure. They have a very unique perspective on things. Christians, from this region of the world, on the other hand don't do any of those things. They go to church and listen to the a speaker. They don't perform any rituals or sacrifices. They don't worship an insect either. They only worship one God Jesus Christ.

http://www.australiancollaboration.com.au/pdf/FactSheets/Religion-FactSheet.pdf

http://valuesaustralia.com/australian_religion.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb