Last stop in the Southern Hemisphere


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rottnest Island
August 17th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Perth after an overnight stop in Adelaide, in a great YHA Hostel, imagine our disappointment when the Brittania YHA was a very poor relation in comparison. Still we were only sleeping there.

We took a walking tour of Perth city centre and ended up down at the river front, where there was a large circus tent - curious as ever - we investigated to discover that it was the Cirque de Soleil. We couldn't get tickets for any of their shows way back in Las Vegas and we were sold the last two for the second last performance that afternoon. Oh my god!!! What a show - it was fantastic, each act was spectacular, better than the previous, if that could be possible, if you ever get the chance to see any of their shows, we recommend you go for a truely magical unique experience.

The next day we caught the ferry to Rottnest Island. It was a beautiful day, but the crossing out to the island was reminiscent of our Picton to Wellington crossing - choppy!!! The crew were amazed that we were the only ones on the boat who did not require the use
Clear blue seasClear blue seasClear blue seas

Rottnest Island
of sick bags... It was so much calmer when we got there, so we hired bicycles to do a loop of the island. The island is blessed with beautiful beaches, it was only a shame that we didn't have enough time to properly explore them, or to paddle in the turquoise clear waters. Our only hitch was a broken bicycle chain, which required the services of the local 'BA' (Bicycle Association...)

Our last day in Perth was spent in Freemantle, where it rained and rained - it was like a home from home, we explored the local cafe culture and enjoyed a wee trip to the movies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

One fine dayOne fine day
One fine day

So much for good weather in Oz!!


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.9kb