Singapore Slings and Champagne Brunches


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 25th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

On arrival at Singapore Airport, we were greeted by the cutest baby you have ever seen (we may be a bit biased - but she is gorgeous). Gill finally got to meet her niece Chloe face to face. We were staying with Jenny and Simon whilst were waiting for our Vietnamese visas to be processed. Our first stop was back to their appartment and then off to the pub to catch up with Simon (who was in dire need of Gill's physio services as he had slipped a disc!!!). The next day all the girls went shopping on Orchard Road - including a stop at Marks and Spencer!

Jenny had organised for us to have breakfast at Singapore Zoo - which involved sitting down with the orangutangs, whilst they too enjoyed a fruit buffet. Gill decided that she was going to have a python wrapped around her neck - later regretting this decision. We spent all day there and watched most of the animals being fed, including white tigers, lions and a multitude of monkeys and a few we had never heard of!!! The next day was a heavenly treat, we went to The Fullerton Hotel for a champagne brunch - the bottles are opened at noon and the Moet doesn't stop flowing until 4pm - a great day!! The food is utterly amazing - a huge buffet from all corners of the world, if you could imagine all of your favourite food in one place, this is what it would look like - Thanks to Jenny and Simon for an early birthday surprise.

We had a couple of stops in at Raffles and indulged in the obligatory Singapore Sling - it's alright but I'll stick to vodka and soda thanks. Raffles itself has been lovingly restored and despite its modernisations, it has retained its colonial charm and grace. Unfortunately it was outwith the budget to stay the night there....

It was great to spend so much time with Gill's family and to get to know Chloe so well - see you at Christmas guys!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb