Aide Memoir


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rockingham
August 14th 2015
Published: August 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Aide Memoir 14 August 2015





Hi all, sorry for the lack of recent blogs but we have been absolutely flat strap of late, but so much has happened that we have not really recorded it which is a bit remiss of us, so the good news is this blog is going to be a brief round-up of minor events and Caroline is typing the next blog, although she claims that I have usurped her as she started typing hers at the airport yesterday.

Both of us agree we can only blog when we have something meaningful to say and recently Caroline has not been very interested in the blog which is the same as I have been about it, but the interest does come back especially when we have something to record, for future.

We are in Tasmania at the moment, so hopefully we will have a few decent blogs whilst we are here.

So what has been going on in our lives since we last spoke, well this blog is a short aide memoir as to what has been going on.

We moved out of the six month house sit in Banjup, we had a week at the Fremantle Holiday village and moved into another house in Rockingham for two months. Fortunately for us the Toyota Landcruiser club members seem to be able to keep us in accommodation whilst they go off on their travels. We were initially supposed to be looking after their dog Mitzi (an Alsatian) but knowing that we are at work all day, they decided to board the dog with some other club members, who had animals and a large property, so that was fine with us.

We moved in on the first of August and struggled to get Roobie into her parking space where she would be resident for the next couple of months, fortunately for us the neighbours came out, interested in the trailer that had just pulled up outside. It was a narrow laneway with a narrow space to reverse into and the decision to unhook from Jack and for everybody to push and steer was made. With the help of chocks and some huffing, puffing and determination, Roobie was manoeuvred into her tight and temporary home. Trust me, she is not moving until we do, so no weekends away in her until at least October!

The lady introduced herself as Jane, then the kids Hannah and Natasha (I think I remember correctly) then we met the Husband Richard. We chatted for ages afterwards, and decided that we had two months to talk, we needed to finish moving in and getting ourselves organised and for John and Jane to finish their own packing and move out for two months.

Work is going well for both of us, it is difficult having such itchy feet and wanting to travel again, especially as after Peter and Leigh Walker have left us and gone off on their travels, back to New South Wales and beyond. Caroline’s boss also keeps asking if we have bought a house yet, but she keeps deflecting the answer to that one.

Andy and Karen left on the 8th August to do a 7000 Kilometre round trip as they have purchased a Kimberly Karavan (like Roobie) and have gone off to South Australia to collect it and are away as we type this.

We have been invited to another wedding in New South Wales on the 5th September so for the third time this year we will again be flying over East, the Wedding is in Tarcutta, this time the oldest Son of our friends Andrew and Jo Wemyss and of course we are really looking forwards to being back at Woodstock again with Helen and Robert and the all the dogs and 20,000 sheep. It was Josh and Erica Wemyss who we saw married back in March this year, this time the wedding is for Daniel and Lorina, and we know it will be another fantastic country wedding.

Unlike before we flew from Perth to Sydney and on to Wagga (on the Red Eye!) and this time we will fly Perth to Canberra and Helen is coming to collect us from Canberra and as we are having a night in Canberra we hope we will be able to catch up with some of our Canberran friends maybe for an early breakfast, this time we will be really strapped for time as we only have the Friday and Monday off, so just a long weekend.

We are having a week in Tasmania for our Wedding Anniversary and leave for Tasmania on Saturday 15th August, we will be staying at Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge for a week as a treat and hope to see an abundance of Wildlife as well as spending some relaxation time with my favourite wife.

Tasmania was the Jewel in my crown on our circumnavigation of Australia and we both absolutely love it, more than anything I am hoping to see Wombats, they are my favourite creature and we don’t have them in Western Australia, so I definitely have a Wombat deficiency in my life.

We will be hoping to catch up with people we know at the Discovery Park, and Caroline is looking forwards to seeing Mark as he is an excellent photographer.

We fly in to Launceston on Saturday afternoon, collect the car and have a night in the Audlington on Saturday evening then drive to Cradle Mountain on Sunday.

It has been just short of a year since my stroke, by one week and I feel fantastic, with the help of Caroline I have lost 20 Kilo’s, and we go out interval training on the evenings and do about 4k’s of running and walking and she just amazes me with her determination.

So we hope you feel fully up to speed with what has been going on and Caroline has typed the first of our new Tasmanian adventures and I know you will love our pictures, today has been an amazing wildlife day.

Our Regards

Kj

Advertisement



16th August 2015

Catch UP
Thanks for the bit of catch up on what's happening in your lives. "Favourite wife", nice one Andy. 20kilos amazing Andy, must feel a whole lot better. We sure hope that you have a wonderful anniversary week. Didn't make it to Tasmania on our trip. You know that you only have to come over here to get your fill of snow? Have an awesome week. ENJOY

Tot: 0.64s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 27; qc: 202; dbt: 0.4167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb