Albany to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
November 29th 2013
Published: November 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


From Albany we headed back north towards Perth stopping at Wave Rock! Quite an unusual rock formation and worth seeing.

The lovely summer weather is back with a vengeance so the jeans and polar fleeces have been stashed away thank goodness!

We camped in the small town of Kulin where we were impressed with the fantastic sports stadium and hydro slide complex for a place of its size. On speaking to a local it would seem that a very generous childless couple left the town $1,500,000 and the council has wisely spent only the interest on structures that benefit the whole community. The locals are immensely proud and who wouldn’t be. Kulin also is trying very hard to put itself on the map with strong advertising to entice tourist to visit their town to observe “The Tin Horse Highway” which stretches for some 30 kms. We had a great time taking photos of all the creations as some were very funny and extremely creative as per the photos attached.

Took the train into Perth today and walked along the Swan River. It is a beautiful city and one that Western Australians can be proud of. We then briefly visited Freemantle and stopped for a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants down by the harbour. Definitely worth a second look.

We have now commenced our first house sit, looking after Diamond the greyhound and Salem the cat and really appreciating staying in one spot for a change. The house is beautiful, the pets are really cute and friendly and we are enjoying just chilling out with them in the house and taking Diamond for walks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Freemantle Freemantle
Freemantle

Me attempting to playing on a random piano in an historic 19th century tunnel.


29th November 2013

Perth is a lovely city enjoy
1st December 2013

Loving reading about your travels
Hi love the pictures of the tin horse, look forward to the next installment xxxx
2nd December 2013

Tin Horses
Hi Nicky and Phil Good to hear from you. Thanks for your comments. Always nice to know that our blog is being read and not just deleted!!!!! Regards Suzanne and Pete
5th December 2013

It is an amazing place, the city offers you many beautiful sights as well as fun things to do.
5th December 2013

Perth
Hi Allen Thank you for your comment. Yes, lots to see and do with the Christmas Parade on Saturday on our list! Haven't seen one in years.

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb