Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 17th 2014
Published: March 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well it has been quite some time and at least 4 months since my last blog as I was waiting until Pete and I had settled into jobs here before publishing an update. However, jobs for Pete were not that forthcoming and even though he finally secured one this week, he has turned it down as we have decided to head back to Darwin at the end of April when our house sit here comes to an end.

I have been working for Travelex once more and hope to get a transfer back to Darwin if at all possible. Pete has been in touch with his old boss up there and is hopeful that he will be taken on again on his return.

We are looking forward to getting back on the road and do miss our travelling lifestyle. It will be interesting to travel over the Nullabor Plain and back up the centre again and also it will be great to meet up with the friends we made in Darwin once more.

We are enjoying Perth and every weekend we seek out another pub to try out around the place! Travelex have sent me to 5 locations so far so I have also got to know quite a few areas and the best coffee shops!

Perth has had an extremely hot summer with over 35 deg.C not uncommon. We have been for several dips in the ocean with some of the bays having shark nets around them for peace of mind as there have been several fatalities recently. On one occasion we watched a helicopter searching for sharks overhead whilst we were swimming which was a bit disconcerting for sure.

Our first house sit before Christmas was for 5 weeks in the east of Perth near the wine growing area where we naturally sampled the wine and also the local cheese and chocolate factories too. Since January we have been living south of the Swan River that flows through Perth and in an area full of new houses. Perth is still booming with heaps of new houses going up every day with land being cleared for new subdivisions everywhere.

We had planned to head to Europe later this year but have now decided to wait until next year as we need to return to New Zealand in January next year in order for Pete to register for his retirement pension. Where did the years go? This option will give us 6 months in Darwin to work and assist in paying for our European trip. We have a motorhome in France to use at some point and working on another one to use in England too as we are on a van swap website and have made some good contacts. Not sure about driving on the right hand side of the road in France so I may just leave that for Pete!

Next blog will be when we hit the road again.

Until then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



17th March 2014

Friends Southbrook
We are all well.I have been too Tassie with Justine for a few days,we went after the concert of Bruce Springsteen.Justine got engaged in Cananda 2013 and the wedding is this year on the 31st of December in Laidley.The wedding is in a Old Home Stead and the party is in the HomeStead.We will see the new year in.Peter Is enjoying his new job.Reanne has moved too Brisbane too work.Our weather is still very hot and no rain.I do not work in the kitchen at the hospital any more,I work Lesiure and Lifestyle.,,working with the residents three days a week,Wed to Friday.Di has not found a job only casual.They live next door .From Mandy and Neil.
23rd March 2014

Wedding
Hi Mandy and Neil Good to hear from you and your news. We hope to be in Brisbane during Christmas and New Year before we head back to NZ and will look for a house sit closer to the time. Will keep in touch. I believe Don and Cheryll will be over there too?
17th March 2014

Wow what a great time you are having. Were you house sitting in the house pictured? haha
23rd March 2014

12 million dollar house
Hi Leslie, Good to hear from you. So wish the house was ours but would most likely sell it and travel some more!
18th March 2014

Enjoy being on the road again. Heading north is a great option at this time of year.
23rd March 2014

Darwin
Hi Dawn, Yes only 5 weeks to go before we hit the road again!
15th April 2014

Hi guys. It is a while since we heard from you, so just wondering where you are. Happy travelling and hope to see you soon.
17th April 2014

Darwin
Hi Jenny and Peter All going to plan we should be in Darwin mid May. Looking forward to catching up. Suzanne and Peter

Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb