Day 4 - the road to Shabbat


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 14th 2012
Published: December 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It is amazing how much a second hand book shop can delay travels. We decided to go back to Fremantle after checking out of the hotel, to exchange two books at the second hand book shop there. I thought that I had arrived in heaven. The place was piled floor to ceiling with books old, ancient and new! After two hours we had finally chosen two books that wouldn't take up too much space in the case.

Then we set off to visit the mountains. Well not too far down the road we needed a pit stop and a drink. So we stopped at a mall. Don needed to try to get me a blue tooth key board as I hate using my phone and/or his tablet. Far too many mistakes are made. So we tried the various computer/electronic stores. No success.

Talking of shops, when we were in Perth town centre we went into a department store - Myer - and there in the ladies' rest room was a big sign bragging about the 180 cctvs located around the store (about the size of John Lewis in Oxford Street). I must admit I forgot to look at how many were in the ladies!

By this time is was too late to see the mountains as we had to be at our hosts before Shabbat. So back into the car and we drove through Perth town to Yokine to the home of Gaby and Paul Levi who were to be our hosts for Shabbat. After the introductions we didn't have too much time to change to light our chanukiah with them at the front of their home.

Gabi and Paul had invited a number of people for dinner. They had assumed that as I am a cousin on Avital (Marion's daughter) I would be the same age as Avital and not Marion - so the table was graced with "young" people. We had a lovely meal and sang some new Friday night tunes (which we will never remember) and we finally got to bed at 12.30 am!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb