Day 3 - we call it acclimatization :-;


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 13th 2012
Published: December 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well the day started at midday. We must have been just a bit tired to sleep for 12 hours (Don) and 13 for me. We started the day at, what the locals call the place for the best coffee in town. Not bad -we managed two cups each whilst we picked up emails and planned the rest of the day.

We decided to drive down the coast to Fremantle which didn't look too exciting so we gave up and drove into Perth. Would you believe that everything shut at 5 except the big stores! We found the bus which tours the city thinking we would get a guided tour, but it was just a bus ride.

It is an interesting concept; 3 free bus routes take regular commuters from the train stations and bus depot to various parts of the city which includes the business sections.

It was very strange to see Christmas trees, Christmas lights and to hear songs about sleigh rides when the temperature is in the 20s.

We then drove to where there was an alleged kosher restaurant but failed to find it. It is hard to be vegetarian orkosher inPerth.

Once again we lit the chanukiah on the balcony trusting that the ships would not be grounded. None were last night; and how do I know? We have a wonderful view of the Indian ocean from our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb