We're back......in Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
June 23rd 2005
Published: June 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys!

Finances = Green
Fitness = Amber (going towards red!)
Relationship = Green
Arguments = Half (cos Mark won't argue!!!)

We're back in Perth. 2000km since our last blog and we've ended up in the same place! But we've had a lovely tour north of Perth especially as we have our new car. Just over four weeks ago I was gutted at having to give up Floozie (my car for those of you who don't know!) but to my great delight we picked up Floozie Two last Thursday! Obviously not as good or original as the first but close enough to feel very at home and enjoy the new, improved engine acceleration!!!!

We've been quite adventurous this week. My highlight was feeding a wild dolphin (called Surprise, so only wildish!) in Monkey Mia. It was a really lovely experience and has yet to be beaten. Mark's highlight was the adventurous 9km gorge walking and 6km canoe trip in one day in Kalbarri. I was absolutely exhausted after that day but Mark was relentless and wouldn't let me recover. Needless to say, I'm still exhausted!!!

We've also done the tourist trail by visiting Rainbow Jungle. We now know the 28 different varieties of parrot that exist in Oz but we have to say we don't really care! After all, a parrot's a parrot!!! However Cocky the talking cockatoo was rather amusing even if Mark failed in his quest to teach it "show us your knickers"!!!!!

Other highlights of the week have included feeding pelicans (not as good as feeding dolphins), a visit to a live lobster factory (I nearly turned vegetarian!), shell beach (miles and miles of tiny white shells), seeing a shark in Shark Bay (strange that!), emu's, kangaroo's and driving motorboats.

We've also had some fabulous weather over the past 7 days, certainly enough to equal the heatwave you guys are having (and we're not at work so can enjoy it!). Have also managed a couple of sundowners on the cliffs while watching the sun set over the sea. Additionally we have now seen our first whale - or at least the spray from the blowhole - we shall continue that quest as we head south to Albany and the wine regions.

We're really enjoying Western Australia. The scenery north of Perth has been stunning and the hospitality faultless. I'm still convinced I could move here, Mark tells me its too remote to support my shopping lifestyle! Hopefully the south will be just as beautiful, we only have two weeks to enjoy it before we move onwards to Ayers Rock.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed, its been great to hear from you (and to know that we're not forgotten). Apologies we can't email back to everyone - if we did, we'd spend all our holiday in internet cafe's!!! Anyway, enjoy the sunshine and we'll write again soon.

Take care
Love K&M



Advertisement



26th June 2005

green with envy...
Hi I've not sent you comments before because I would just end up sounding nostalgic, envious or more likely both. I too loved Cape Province in SA; must be the place to meet sportsmen -I shared a hotel lift with Imran Khan. Obviously a long time ago as he was still just a cricketer then. Looking forward to hearing more about N Oz when you get back - sounds great and I still haven't decided where to go after Sydney next year. Love Barbara

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb