14 - 17 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth Hills
April 17th 2012
Published: May 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

MandurahMandurahMandurah

City centre foreshore
Our return to the City of Churches is fast approaching so we decided to spend the final few stages of phase one of the around Australia trip pottering around and doing not a lot of anything in particular. Oh and don't worry, the return trip to Adelaide is just a short one (for a wedding and related festivities) so the blogs and photos of our travels will continue.

Saturday was spent simply enjoying the sun in the caravan park and doing as we pleased. Reading, walking, swimming and the odd snooze here and there was the order of the day.

On Sunday we headed to Mandurah (south of Perth) and I have just discovered it is the second largest city in WA. The purpose of the visit was to catch up with my cousin Danni who lives in the city there. We spent the entire time on the city centre foreshore and had picture perfect weather to enjoy the views and the market stalls. Fish and chips along the water front and a beer or two on a lazy Sunday afternoon was just what the doctor ordered................not the mention the ice-cream (there goes the healthy eating).

Monday was
Mandurah (2)Mandurah (2)Mandurah (2)

Another view along the foreshore
fairly quiet but we did enjoy an afternoon visit to nearby Lesmurdie Falls. There were a number of walking trails to choose from inside the National Park and we decided on a leisurely saunter in the sun to a platform to see the Falls. Even though it has been very dry in Perth of late we were still fortunate enough to see the water flowing.

Tuesday was simply spent completing the final preparations for the trip back to Adelaide. Even though I really don't want to leave I am looking forward to seeing family and friends and catching up on all the goss.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hot rodHot rod
Hot rod

On the streets of Mandurah
Lesmurdie FallsLesmurdie Falls
Lesmurdie Falls

On the trail


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb