18 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth Hills
April 18th 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

MmmmMmmmMmmm

Kalamunda treats
Our flight to Adelaide was not until late afternoon so we took a drive to nearby Kalamunda in the Perth foothills. If I had to draw a parallel with a location in Adelaide I would have to say that this town is very much like Stirling in the Adelaide Hills.

There were plenty of little shops and book stores along the main drag to keep us amused and the best bit of the morning was having a coffee at a French patisserie. With coffee you need cake and so we selected an almond croissant which went down a treat.

Early afternoon we headed off to a friend's place about 40 minutes out of Perth. They have a property with horses and with a bit of extra room around the place we were able to leave our van parked there while we ventured back home. On top of already doing us that solid they were good enough to drop us at the airport which saved us about two hours on public transport.

Perth airport was chaos late afternoon but eventually we boarded the flight and off we went. My first time on Jetstar and I'd have to give them the thumbs up.......especially with a decent selection of frosty brews which helped us pass the time away.

It was a peculiar feeling as we landed because even though we were 'home' we weren't settling into any sort of routine that we were used to in Adelaide. Some familiar faces greeted us at the airport which brought smiles to our dials. Shay and Jackie picked us up and after a burger on the way back to their place we settled into our abode (the granny flat) for the next week and a bit. As far as granny flats go this was a corker......carpeted, airconditioned and we even had our own bathroom and toilet. Top work girls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb