End of our stay in Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
September 26th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Woo hoo!!Woo hoo!!Woo hoo!!

Sandboading on the white shell dunes
So since our last entry we have done a few wild things as well as chilled out.
We went on a tour of the Pinnicles, which is basically loads of limestone formations that have been left after years of erosion of the ground- an amazing view. But the trip also allowed us to see our first Koala and many kangeroos!! We also went sandboarding, which was great fun- I kept to the safe method of sitting on my bum on the board where as David had to show off and go head first- he loved it! We also went of roading on the 4 wheel drive on the sand dunes- very exhilerating. The tour guide-Big Al was a really nice guy and gave us loads of tips about driving in the outback. We got to sit up front for the off roading and spent quite a few hours chatting about sport- again the aussies love their sport!
Since being here in Perth we have also walked around kings park, which is a huge park over looking the City, we just chilled out and tried to pronounce names of all the flowers around.
Perth city isn't actually that big so after a week we had seen just about everything so we saved some money by just watching the days go by, and also have been able to watch neighbours and home and away, so weird being 6mths ahead of you guys.
sorry if i have made mistakes as i am writing this at 11pm after going for drinks with Jen and some girls see met on her travels, i am also a little tipsy (I actually dranka glass of wine- i had to it was only 2 dollars!). We catched up on loads and planning to meet up again in sydney for Xmas and new year- should be cool. So after writing this we will be packing our rucksacs and getting ready to pick up our campervan tomorrow- can't wait to get some sun up the west coast- hurrah. Its been a little overcast and occasionally wet here so happy to leave. Will prob not update for a while as won't have the facilities but just imagine us on spoilt beaches and national parks full of waterfulls and gorges as thats whats coming!
By to Perth and all the nutters here including a guy in our hostel who walked around saying he wants to kill everyone! yeah nice a!


Advertisement



5th October 2006

Finally found your blog, could'nt get it off the email, cause I'm a plonker, and searched on site but didn't know who the hell Cos and almo were??? Anyway got there in the end. Sounds like your having a fab time! Chess is as ever, new locum is very nice, Leann is off for lunch with Isla today. Everyone else is fine. Have a great time. Love Carly
15th October 2006

jen!!
wow! am missing you. on call isnt the same without you. rachel (current locum) is v nice tho. how come jen looks brown?! xx

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb