Being A Tourist In Your Own City


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
December 19th 2015
Published: December 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Just spent an overnighter at The FourPoints By Sheraton in the city.

We were going to see the Hugh Jackman show "From Broadway To Oz" at the Perth Arena, so we decided to make a night of it and stay at a hotel as well. Kinda like being a tourist in your own city.

The FourPoints is right across the road from the Perth Arena so it made sense to stay there. The hotel itself has had many names over the years including The Orchard Hotel and The Grand Chancelor and to be honest it wasn't on the top of my list for Perth hotels I wanted to stay in but we figured it's close so why not.

We drove up (dropped off by my daughter) and were greeted straight away by a staff member who took our two small wheelie suitcases and showed us to reception. Check in was simple, they had all our details and our room was ready straight away. So we headed up and the staff were going to bring our bags up later.

The decore was nice, nothing too flash but modern and clean. The room was on the 6th floor (hotel only has 7 floors) and it was a nice room, bright, comfortable reasonable in size and a view of the city. Bathroom was updated recently and had everything you needed. The only complaint was the positioning of the loo, it faced directly into the glass panel of the shower, so even my travel buddy who's just over 5 feet tall was only 2 inches away from 'knocking knees' against the glass panel. If they just moved it to the other wall so it ran along side of the shower you have plenty of room.

A couple of quirky things:

Mini bar... Well it's no bar it's just an empty fridge, which I guess is good if you don't have much self control when it comes to mini bars. You can head down to the lobby to buy soft drinks, chips etc.

Room service...the restaurant was booked out, my bad didn't factor in people just eating there before the show. So we did 'in room dining', prices were good but a $6.00 delivery fee. We ordered a couple of burgers, onion rings, fries and drinks. I have to add the food was great.....it was just the presentation/delivery..... I
Bathroom - FourPoints By Sheraton PerthBathroom - FourPoints By Sheraton PerthBathroom - FourPoints By Sheraton Perth

Clean, compact but everything you need
was thinking a tray with real plates, cutlery and glasses... or even a table/trolley (no table in the room except writing desk)....but it came in a paper bag and a takeaway coffee up. They did include plastic cutlery and paper napkins. If I'd known that I think I'd saved myself $6.00 and gone down to get it myself. Don't get me wrong the food was great and it's not a bad idea but just not what you expect.

Beds were super comfortable as were the pillows. I'd love to have the bed at my place!

We had breakfast in the hotel, buffet wad simple, included the usual stuff only a few things missing:

Asian breakfast options, omelet station and table service with coffee/tea (did have a self service machine - just like the one at my office)

They offered an express check out, so that made checking out easy.

Overall, nice and comfortable hotel. Staff pleasant. I'd recommend it to family and friends. And if we do the whole show/hotel thing again we will stay there.



PS: the show was totally awesome! Hugh Jackman is an all round performer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bathroom FourPoints By Sheraton PerthBathroom FourPoints By Sheraton Perth
Bathroom FourPoints By Sheraton Perth

'Knee knocking' loo...thank god I'm not any taller!


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb