Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
February 5th 2015
Published: February 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wow! Its 38° in Perth
We take a taxi, driven by a very still and quite man, and arrive at the hotel all OK, we did drive past the WACA, After a snooze we go out to explore the local area we walk along the river watching the sun set, we end up at a pub called the lucky shag! Great food a real buzz but thankfully no shags involved ;-)
Day 2, up early to catch a boat for a wine tasting cruise, very relaxing with lots of wine, it wasn't really tasting more like drinking:-) with a trip around the winery and then lunch with 8 more wines to drink, followed by fortified wines (port) which we declined, caught the boat back, a very relaxing day. Was woken up during the night with a terrific thunderstorm and fantastic lightening.
Day 3 up even earlier picked up from the hotel to catch another boat boat to take us to Rottnest Island, 1.5 hrs on the river ( the opposite direction to yesterday) then 30 mins on the sea where we saw dolphins and the sea was a bit choppy.
Tracing the island We get off of one boat to get on another the second was much smaller a 12.5 meter RIB (rubber inflatable boat) ones like the RNLI use, the skipper was female and wow did she know her boat! We sat in the middlle, seat belts fastened and we were off, that boat flew across the sea, it was thrilling, we saw fur seals, sea lions, sting ray, osprey nest and pelicans.
Half way round we were advised to wear, I can only describe it as a full length rubber gown with a draw sting hood, which I'm internally grateful for, as we would have got soaked! At the different stopping points you had to stand up, just to let the puddle drain off! It really was great fun. The rest of the afternoon was spent chilling out on the beach. Caught the boat back a great day out, and to top it off we had a walk to the WACA ( see previous post). Now England are playing at the WACA tomorrow against India in the tri series, tickets are available, but we pick the car up and have got a 3 hour journey ahead of us and we don't know were we are heading, decisions decisions. In the end we, well I make the tough decision to get up early have a walk to the stadium to see what's going on so that's what we do. As you walk past the stadium on the corner there are the warm up nets, and who should be in them was the England side warm up, so we stood and watch what was going on:-) :-) its was very interesting just watching. So having to drag myself away we went to pick up the car to make our way to Margaret Rlver with the cricket on the radio, I'm glad we didn't do what we originally planned, to watch three quarters of the game and then leave as that really wouldn't have happened, and there are no street lights on the roads.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb