Living the dream???!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
February 13th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In the Western Australian world of backpacking, there are two Irish people travelling around trying to get jobs and a nice place to sleep. These are there stories. DUMH DUMH!

Thursday 9th of feb: 8:30 am: Hostel room: DUMH DUMH! Bit early to rise, we fancy a mcdonalds breakfast but we'll live. Snooze time.

Thursday 9th of feb: 11:00 am: Hostel room: DUMH DUMH! Ah a bit fresher. This is a bout the usual time we get up, got our ritual, we take showers and hit McDonalds for a big lunch. Met up with Nialls cousin Keith today and his girlfriend Sarah. Weirdest thing ever, i went to primary school in dublin with her but she didnt remember so that was abit awkward,we were all just 7 then but i have like a facial photographic memory. To break the ice on our first couple date we went to rosie o grady's(coudnt of thought of a more irish name no?) for a few pints. We all had 4, totally lashed them into us. Poor aul Rae had a hangover that night. Walked back to Mcdonalds for dinner, the usual for me, McChicken Sandwich and Nuggets, i feel like im turning into a chicken at this stage (hold on the jokes about my football playing days,i'll have you's know I heard Mick McCarthy once said had it not been for the drink and the women I woulda been the highest earning footballer in England). Home to hostel, pretty sleepy after walkin around in 36 degree temperatur. Takes us ages to sleep coz of the heat, fan on full blast.

Enough of that it was getting hard changing all the fonts and trying to be funny with it. We had our faith restored the other day when we went for a walk (walking is free) and found the rivver front and it was so beautiful, it was like, yeah we could live here. We've been hanging around with Keith and Sarah the last few days, its abita company and it feels better to have people in the same situation, and even better if theres is worse. But saying that, bita drama this week with aul Keith and Sarah, wont get into the details of it...not my business...not sayin anything....i mean it im saying nothing.....stop....stop with that look im not tellin....i said no....I SAID NO....I SAID FUCKING NO!!!!....okay private mail me and i'll tell yis.

Another day another dollar. I used to hear that saying when i was in ireland on the sites and back then it meant something very different. We'd say it at the end of a day when we've done nothing but got paid a fortune for it anyway. ''Another Day, Another Dollar''. Over here it means another day gone hundreds of dollars also gone with it.

Apartment hunting at the mo. Keith and Sarah are looking for plac...i know what your thinkin,''them with their 'keith and sarah this' and 'keith and sarah that'''. You dont know them. We're lookin for places all over the shop but people say it could take 2 months or so. Alot of backpackers are struggling over here, seems to be not much work for them and the fruit work isnt as plentisome as ye may have thought. Rand a place this morning and they were like,''G'day ye flamin mongrel, how the hell can aye hilp ye''. Me,''eh, em, i read somewhere on the net that this was like, the number ye call when your lookin for fruit work, or eh, any type of work,we'll do anything harvesty. so is this the right number? brook lodge''. ''Your damn right it is bucko but they aint been work round this wateringhole come a many day''. Okay, may have exaggeratted the conversation a tad. The jist of it was no work for a few weeks. THANKS.

So better sleg it, applying for a million jobs here, while trying to keep the fans updated. The pics are posted on Raes facebook coz theres a problem with this site but dont worry, loads more to come when we start taking them.

You know you love us, xoxo Gossip Bloggers

P.S. McDonalds are opening a store outside our hostel in our honour.

And P.P.S. Whats up with all the angry black Aborigine Folk, they is crazy.

Advertisement



16th February 2012

luvin d whole 24 thing u have goin on sounds like yis r havin a ball over der

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.6kb