10th March 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
March 12th 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

10th March 2008
We packed up early ready to fly out of Tasmania for Perth. Although it was a public holiday for most people, Ken had to go to work so we had said goodbye to him the night before. Gem and the children had a day off so they helped us pack and we said goodbye to them and went into Hobart to have breakfast with Peter and Roger in North Hobart. They have a lovely old Hobart house in an area which has to some extent avoided the destruction of the older properties to make way for newer monstrosities and I took some pictures of some of these houses.
We had a good breakfast in a cafe surrounded with some rather strange artwork!
It was good to catch up with them and they were envious of our retired lifestyle as Peter has a few more years to do at school before they can please themselves. They have two lovely Jack russel dogs called Tippy and Felix who reminded us so much of our Tessie.
After that we found an internet cafe and got up to date with the diary entries. We still had a couple of hours before the plane so we went for a wander around Hobart Wharf and saw Mures the fish restaurant on the dock side. Also the fishing fleet moored alongside.
After that it was out to the airport to catch the plane to Melbourne and then onto Perth. We lost 2 hours on the flight so it was quite late when we arrived so we decided to ring Aunty Kath and Uncle Bill the following day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb