11th March 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
March 12th 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

11th March 2008
First morning in Perth and the temperature is definitely the highest we have experienced in Australia at a sweltering 36 degrees. It is a dry heat and there is a nice breeze from the Swann River. I thought it was lovely but Bob is finding it hot and looking for shade.
We left our luggage in the left luggage at the hotel and went for a ride on the excellent free city bus service to find the tourist information. There we were able to hire a car but had to wait a few hours before picking it up. This gave us time to plan our stay here and have a look around Perth. We had a bit of a wander around the river front area and picked up a few maps and brochures then collected our rental car.
We headed north on the Mitchell Highway to see Uncle Bill and Aunty Kath in Waneroo. They have a lovely villa in a complex next to the botanic golf course. It was lovely to see them looking so well as we hadn't seen them for nearly 30 years. We are going to see them again at the weekend at their daughter Sandra's so we left them after a cup of tea and a long chat to head south to Freemantle for the night. We managed to catch the rush hour traffic in Perth which was the most traffic we have seen for months!
Finally got to South Freemantle and have found a cabin on a caravan park for the night. It is shaped like an upside down boat which is half sunk!!! It works well as a cabin and has a very clean comfortable bed. There are some very strange vans and campers on this site ,left over from another era perhaps.
We have been to the harbour area for a supper of fish and chips at Joes Fish Shack which was delicious. This small area has more fish and chips shops than the whole of Birmingham!!!!
Tomorrow we are heading for the Margaret River area a bit further south.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



12th March 2008

Hope you are making lots of family history notes whilst visiting your relatives, Bob, or you'll regret it when you get home!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb