Going West...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
July 12th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our 4 hour flight we arrived in Perth on Tuesday. It was a fine flight, though sleeping at the airport wasn't the most comfortable night I've ever spent (not as bad as the campervan though!)

When we arrived here we went to our hostel (the YHA) and we couldn't check in until 4pm (which seems very late to me) so spent the day exploring. It's a nice city, and the weather has been great every day (which makes a great change for our time in Australia). It also seems to be even more relaxed than Melbourne - which makes it a great place to spend our last few days in Australia.

We went for a walk along the river, and explored the park (can't remember what it's called, but it's like a massive football pitch - perfectly cut and neat). A great place to sit and read. We also saw the Bell tower, and walked around the city centre. We also visited 'King's Park', where you can get great pictures of the city. It seemed to be more crowded up there than in the city itself.

Our second hostel is called 'The Witch's Hat', and is a
Sunshine and a beach
little more out of the centre, but has a really nice atmosphere.

Other than Perth itself, we've spent two days of our time here in Freemantle. It's a seaside town where all of the locals from here seem to go at the weekend. They call it 'Freo' - which is such an Australian thing to do! Whilst there we've looked around the market, which is great for food and went to a micro brewery called 'Little Creatures' - which had a great atmosphere and great pilsner.

Most of our time here has really been spent planning our time in Asia, and I'm feeling really excited about going there now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



16th July 2007

Born Freo
Hey, Oz has been very cool. Now for the next stage, can't wait for Asia. xXx P.s. Go me, first to comment!!!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb