Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
December 20th 2006
Published: December 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Us up the Bell TowerUs up the Bell TowerUs up the Bell Tower

Some great views...
We left for Australia a few Saturdays ago, excited of the prospect of a new country and the second part of our adventure around the world!

We landed very excited to be greeted by Annmarie! My cousin! For me it was a great relief to see some family, and knowing that we had accommodation, especially with Simon not having a bag- it certainly took the pressure off of us! For the first few days we simply slept, played pool and drank (a little)

The first week in Perth was slow and very chilled. We experienced the laid back life style, playing pool all night and drinking the finest wine! Its great not having to pay to play pool- especially as we haven't quite mastered it.

We have caught up with John and Elaine (Another of my cousins)- spending some quality time in Freemantle, visiting the first of the two Maritime Museums- it was great to see this. After walking for hours in search of lunch we HAD to have an Italian ice cream, the best! The tough stressful day was followed by pizza and a long session in the SPA! So relaxing! We are spending Chrismas day here,
Swan Bell TowerSwan Bell TowerSwan Bell Tower

An impressive sight on the Swan River in Perth.
so we will be making full use of it!

The next social occasion was a barbeque, our first! It was certainly one to remember! We had SEAFOOD. (Jill- Simon was pretending when he didn't eat that seafood you made- he was eating everything) We both tryed everything. Unfortunatly within an hour- I was ill! It was a hard night! Slightly put off seafood!
After recovery, we were ready to explore the city, we headed into Perth. It was great- lots of people Christmas shopping (a bit weird). We wondered straight down to the water- the Swan River. It is a great view from here- with the Swan Bell Tower.

We have headed south to Rockingham with Annmarie, it was great to get away and see some more of the place. Some great beaches...

A day in Freemantle at the Maritime museum was brilliant, we saw Australia 2 and the moth. We also spent some time in a submarine- half an hour was certainly long enough. (Space was very restricted) The highlight for me was finding a new car!

We spent another good day with John (my cousin) we went to Perth to the Plantarium, good to
Relaxed into the new style of livingRelaxed into the new style of livingRelaxed into the new style of living

After some shopping Simon is a changed and relaxed man! (Yes i am leaning on the bar in the pool room 'How very dare I')
see the stars we should be looking out for. We also went to the Perth Mint to find lots of gold, Simon got lucky! As the Ashes were due to start we thought we should wonder down to the WACA to see the ground- again the true Scottishness came out in John and his friend Willy. (see the photo)

Perth so far has been brilliant- nice to catch up with Annmarie and John. Keep an eye on the blog for more crazy goings on...

Loads of Love
Catherine and Simon




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

RockinghamRockingham
Rockingham

Meet one of the crazy cousins. Annmarie!
Tunnock's Tea CakesTunnock's Tea Cakes
Tunnock's Tea Cakes

Our most missed Scotish Cake!
Maritime MuseumMaritime Museum
Maritime Museum

We check out the old fashion blocks at the maritime museum.
My new carMy new car
My new car

Sold the Corsa, this is what I want.
Another Crazy cousinAnother Crazy cousin
Another Crazy cousin

Meet John and friend Willy, as we walk through the gardens to the WACA.
Simon Strikes goldSimon Strikes gold
Simon Strikes gold

Simon at the Perth Mint- This should keep us going for a bit!!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb