Perth!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
November 28th 2006
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wine tasting..Wine tasting..Wine tasting..

Food, lovely fooooood!
Oh my god, we actually made it to Perth and our camper is still working, with a little TLC from Hannah and I! We had a good drive around Perth and ended up camping the first couple of nights in a place close to a beach, what a surprise, we love beaches and they are really big here (and did I (H) mention the west coast is on the Indian Ocean - beautiful turquoise waters!!)!

We moved on to find ourselves a cheaper campsite with a reasonable location to the local bus network for exploring Perth city properly! We've both loved wondering around Perth, greatly needed our Boost (fresh fruit juice franchise!!) drinks, lovely... After getting the Christmas shopping done and sent home we looked for some fun stuff to do!

And wadda ya know, we found a wine tour to attend, for the full day of course!! This included wine tasting at 5 winery's, a brewery, a trip to the local chocolate and ice cream making factory, its a hard life!! Yummy, hic.. Really good day and I (J) actually learned a few things about wine.. Like anything about 13% proof is a medium, down to 1 is
Wine tasting..Wine tasting..Wine tasting..

Hic.. not drunkin yet!
a sweet wine and above 13 is dry. Cool tip of the day, plus a real good champers can be identified by the head, which apparently should look no more than your average ale, tiny bubbles with a very small head! The rest is just a blurr, too much juice!! A tip from H, for all you curry fans - apparently the hotter you have your curry, the sweeter the wine should be as it doesn't effect the taste of the curry and doesn't burn your throat when you drink it - we'll be testing that theory out on Hannah's Birthday!

The second to last day in Perth we spent doing a few jobs in town. As we left the internet cafe, we could hardly move for the people sat along the side of the road in their deck chairs. We decided to hang around to see what all the fuss was about. A few hours later and a new fleece jacket to keep out the cold we were treated to the Christmas parade complete with Father Christmas. It still didn't make it feel like Christmas though - I (H) guess there is still time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Hannah's B'day LunchHannah's B'day Lunch
Hannah's B'day Lunch

Curry and wine what more could she wish for! Answers on a SAE postcard please!


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb