Mindarie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Joondalup
January 19th 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Landed in Perth, Western Australia at 8.15 am. Lots of queues at immigration, but officials were friendly and only doing their jobs.
Couldn’t wait to see John and Nikki, but they weren’t there when we walked out of the Arrivals Lounge. Bob trotted off to put on his shorts and then Chris spotted John and Nikki walking towards us. It was great to see them again all smiling and laughing as usual and we all had lots of kisses and hugs.

They had brought both cars, so all the men got in John’s car and all the ladies in Nikki’s. It was about 40 minutes drive to Mindarie, (situated on the outer northern coastal suburb of Perth, the capital city of Western Australia and is located 36 km from Perth's central business district. Its Local Government Area is the City of Wanneroo). After a tour of their fantastic house, John got the Barbie going and everyone had bacon sarnies!
We all sauntered down to Quinns Rocks and walked what seemed like miles along a deserted beach, hardly seeing a soul. Then stopped off at a bar for light refreshment.
In the evening we walked down to their local pub The Boat, situated on the Waterfront at Mindarie Marina for a meal. We did go to another bar around the corner called The Indian Ocean Brewing Company, but everyone was so tired (I nodded off and nearly fell off the bar stool) we had one quick drink then went home to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb