Albany to Pemberton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pemberton
April 11th 2011
Published: April 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Albany to Pemberton



We had a late evening at the pub (yes – the Albany... in Albany), then filled up with diesel at Shell - 89L’s @ 155.9c/L (4c less with a shopping docket)
The drive across from Denmark to Walpole also had many beautiful beaches – Green’s Pool in William Bay National Park was one of the best, with massive smooth rocks surrounding the green and aqua shores.
Not far from here, we found the Valley of the Giants tree top walk – a suspended bridge located in the canopy amongst the Karri trees. These are notoriously the tallest tree species in Western Australia, while other Red Tingle trees could be found along the walk – with most spectacular base circumferences that can measure up to 20 metres!
The roads became quite undulating on our way to Pemberton, and we soon found our spot for the night at Big Brook Arboretum camp ground which cost $14/night unpowered.
We laughed around our little camp fire enjoying marshmallows and a bottle of Barossa Shiraz, marvelling at the stupidity of two campers who pulled up late in the afternoon, no less than 6 metres from our camper (despite the vast openness and obvious vancancies under OTHER trees), then proceeded to light a camp fire less than 2 metres away from our camper, right near our gas fridge. Luckily the heavens performed karma on this doomed couple – where despite all attempts, their fire could not flourish and endure the intermittent showers. (For some funny reason, Lach managed to get our fire roaring!)

Km’s from Albany to Pemberton 302
Km’s this trip 5864.3



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb