Esperance to Albany


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
April 8th 2011
Published: April 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Esperance to Albany


The rain started again, so we packed up from Cape Le Grand, and cruised into Esperance to explore the ‘Great Ocean Drive’ -40km’s around the coastal regions of Esperance – seeing many more beautiful beaches including one of WA’s most popular beaches – Twilight Beach.
Fuelled up at Caltex (75.02L @155.9c/L), and mapped out our way to our camp at Norman’s beach (free camp area), which was just a short walk away to Two People’s Bay. The waves were fierce, and despite Lach’s brave attempt at fishing the large gutter only a short distance from the beach, no success was found.
We discovered Albany, pronounced ailbunee – is distinctly different from Albury, pronounced awlberry (apparently the locals tend to get a little irritated by pronunciation much to Lach’s amusement!)
Here we stayed at Albany Holiday Park for two nights $33/powered site/night.
We have enjoyed the sights of the Brig Amity replica ship, and most of all the fresh produce we found at the Boat Shed markets. Local seafood, yabbies, cheeses, dips, jams, chocolates, icrecreams and plenty of fruit and veg. The Belgium waffles with locally grown strawberries and fresh cream went down a treat.
Lach celebrated his birthday by creating perhaps one of his favourite dishes – Oysters Kilpatrick – Lach’s secret recipe (not anymore) - 1tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tablespoon of melted Butter and 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce over thinly sliced bacon rashers grilled and salted to taste on some freshly shucked oysters.
We’re still not quite sure how long the birthday cake will last, but endeavour not to be wasteful!
Planning on heading west towards Pemberton, hoping to get away from the strong coastal winds that seem to almost blow our Jayco over.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes, still mid 20’s... just!

km’s from Esperance to Albany & around 661.6
Km’s this trip 5562.3



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb