Wine, food and chocolate....Margaret River....heaven! X


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Margaret river was like a little holiday away from Perth we went for 3 nights and ended up staying 5!! It's known as a wine region and was amazing, we got to visit some stunning winery's with amazing views as well as tasting some delicious wines and chocolate!!! Laura gave us a map and marked all the good places, which was practically everywhere but we gave it a good go visiting as many wineries, and breweries as possible. We had a stunning lunch on our first day in a place called Knee Deep we sat looking out at the vineyard whilst drinking yummy wine and eating delicious food, what more could you want?! Another highlight for me was Woody Nook a tiny winery but the best red wine and we ordered a platter to share for lunch there and I think they made the most delicious pate either of us have ever had, we even asked if we could buy some to take away!

The accommodation was stunning too, we stayed in 2 places as we obviously extended our stay. The first was a lodge overlooking a big river and mountains with a gorgeous fire place and massive spa bath which was just pure luxury. The second place was just a good a bit more out in what felt like forest, with bikes outside for us to use to explore and a huge bath tub with a glass roof so you could look up at the stars. It was lovely, neither of us wanted to leave! It was so nice to be away from the city and in the country, so relaxing and felt like a little weekend away! We didn't want to leave the place, hence why we stayed longer!

Everywhere Laura had recommended was good too, even the breweries, I'm not the biggest beer lover but it was fun to taste the different styles and brad definitely enjoyed them! My favourite was woody nook though hidden away from everything! We had some rain down there too so didn't get to go to the markets but that didn't matter it made it even more cosy in the cottage with the fire going. It is definitely somewhere we want to go back to if we get to come back out here and a place we'd recommend anyone to visit if they can!

Love B&K xxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb