Yallingup Shearing Shed


Advertisement
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Out comes the sheep!Out comes the sheep!Out comes the sheep!

The sheep is dragged out - but he has an empty stomach to make it less uncomfortable!
Ok... on with the diaries!

18/06/05
Having eaten breakfast in the horrible half a shed-style 'kitchen', we drove to Yallingup Shearing Shed. A great expience and insight into the farm life, we saw demos of sheep being sheared (with volunteers!), watched the dogs round the sheep into their pen, and got to feed the lambs. The use collies and also Kelpies, which are collies crossed with a dingo - the only dog that walks on sheep! Together these dogs keep the sheep in line!

Next we visited a Chocolate Factory, tasted some choccy samples and had the compulsory hot chocolate, mmmm!! A visit to Margaret River Cheese Factory and on to Margaret River itself!

Stocked up on food supplies and made ourselves Nachos at a campsite - the kitchen was a palace compared to last night!

We have also found that every area, including parks and beaches, have BBQs so you can just bring your own food! Oh, and beer! :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Volunteers ready!Volunteers ready!
Volunteers ready!

The boys try their best to hold the sheep upright while Steve talks!
Let the shearing begin!Let the shearing begin!
Let the shearing begin!

The sheep is very blaze about having his coat removed!
The result...The result...
The result...

A blanket of wool & a very naked looking sheepie!
KelpieKelpie
Kelpie

The Kelpie barks & keeps the sheep in line.
CollieCollie
Collie

The Collie doesn't bark but nips the sheep's ankles!
James' new ladyJames' new lady
James' new lady

What a lamb, here's my replacement!
Feeding time!Feeding time!
Feeding time!

Having fed the lambs, we fed the big sheep!
SHEEP!SHEEP!
SHEEP!

I love this photo...


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb