Mandurah meander


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Mandurah
March 12th 2016
Published: April 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It is only 1hour from Perth to Mandurah by train.

There is also a good bus service connecting the train station to Central Mandurah.

We reserved a small apartment near to the marina area for 3 days.

Mandurah has some good walking areas , around the marina and alongside the waterfronts and inland waterways.

On our first night we had some excellent thai food at Silk restaurant.

Next day we took a cruise. This went through the marina then across the water to the Venetian style canals lined with multi million dollar homes.

En route we saw several dolphins next to our small boat. The cruise continued into the enormous Peel inlet.

A short ride in a local bus to Erskine took us close to the Len Howard Conservation Park. We followed the trail , around 6km and this was a real highlight. Lots of birds to see including a Great White Heron, oyster catchers, black swans, pelicans, grey herons and many smaller birds.

Finally it was time to catch the bus back to Mandurah joined by a large group of excited school kids who had just left school for the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



5th April 2016

Mandurah
Thanks for posting some lovely photos. Love to you both. M xx

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1014s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb