Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
August 12th 2014
Published: August 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Hi travel followers.

We figured we had better take some time out to update our blog as we have done a lot in the last week. I.e. After leaving Katherine we stopped off at places like Victoria River and Timber Creek before spending a couple of nights at Lake Argyle with it's Infinity Pool (see photos) and then almost a week at Kununurra.

There is so much to see and things to do in the surrounding area so we based ourselves in Kununarra. One day we visited Wyndham, the Grotto and Parry's Billabong to the north, then next day did a tour to the west to El Questro Station which included Emma Gorge, Zebedee Springs, a Barramundi lunch at the station itself and a sunset cruise through Chamberlain Gorge and then a visit to the El Questro lodge itself.

On another day we did a cruise on Lake Argyle and then picked up a Float Plane on the lake for a scenic air tour of the lake, the Bungle Bungles, the Argyle Diamond Mine, landing on the lake for afternoon tea, then over the Ord river irrigation area before finishing with a landing on Lake Kununarra. What a day it was. Just another one of those WOW days you wouldn't miss for quids.

On yet another day we took in all the sights that Kununarra has itself like the Gregory Tree, the Sandalwood Factory, the Hoochery (distillery) and then on to Mirima Gorge before finishing back in town for a Barramundi Burger for dinner in the park.

Today is a catch up day to do the laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping (boring) and make preparations for our next move tomorrow where we are heading further west to the Bungle Bungles for a couple of nights so that we can take them in first hand and up close and personal.

Hope you enjoy the photos and hope there are not too many for you as it is very hard to cull them down any further.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Cahills Crossing on the Ord riverCahills Crossing on the Ord river
Cahills Crossing on the Ord river

No crocs that we saw this time
Emma Gorge FallsEmma Gorge Falls
Emma Gorge Falls

Lyn swimming yet again.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb