Another State to explore..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
September 7th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Border CrossingThe Border CrossingThe Border Crossing

We had to give up all our fruit and vegies and they looked all over the van and the car, felt like we were coming over the Mexican border into the US.
We crossed the NT/WA border this morning. Felt like we got up really early because we had to wind our clocks back 2 hours compared to the east coast.
We arrived in Kununurra and spent the first day laying around the pool and getting use to the heat. We met the local hairdresser, Kylie is from Grafton and owns her own salon so us girls decided to spend the next morning in the Salon.

The next afternoon we went to see the Dam wall at Lake Argyle and then jet along the 55 km long stretch of the Ord river known as Lake Kununurra back to the town. It was a real buzz, some times the water was only cm deep and we saw bats and fresh water crocs.

Tuesday we set off down the Gibb river Road to El Questro and Home Valley Station,we met some friends of the Lemos he is the resident artist at El Questro and paints the most amazing landscapes of the Area. We finished off the day with a side trip to Wyndam and went up to 5 Rivers Lookout on Mt Bastion where we can see the King, Ord, Pentecost, Durack, and Forrest rivers all meet at the Cambridge Gulf.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb