Kunurra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
May 10th 2007
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, have escaped from the clutches of Katherine, its pissed aboriginal inhabitants, a crappy hostel and the amazing feat of not having a single conversation with anyone in the hostel!

Never mind, we are a week down the track 1/52th or something close to it.

Ok, since this was the only hostel in town, I had no choice. Get the old lonely planet out, check out the Kununurra section, avoid any hostel that says YHA (youth hostel association) run, read the blab and leave it in the hands of feat! First choice is full up, theres only a YHA and another left. Easy choice. Make the phone call, get to the bus station, get on the bus for a 9 hour trip out of NT to WA.

Get met by a friendly, long haired, fat bloke, A french and english couple who were on my bus, end up in the same hostel as the YHA was double booked. ** Traveller tip ** Be wary of people who stay in YHA's!!!

Walk into the hostel, people are boozing, I see a pool table, hammocks, bar b's and plenty of picnic type wooden tables. This place is built for socialising. Luco likes!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1003.9kb