Broome


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Broome

We managed to get a couple of nights at the Broome Caravan Park prior to our booking at Cable Beach CP. Not a great site, but a lovely pool of which we immediately took advantage. Went for a drive to check out Cable Beach before hitting the tourist office and some shopping. Booked our trip to the Horizontal Falls and Cape Leveque which includes flying over the Buccaneer Archipelago. Once again great weather – 33 deg. What a fantastic beach – pristine white sand with turquoise water. Went for sunset drinks on night one – and we weren’t disappointed. A sensational sunset over the Indian Ocean with the color remaining in the sky for sometime after it sets.

After 2 days we moved onto Cable Beach CP which is in walking distance of the beach. We’ve spent days swimming at the beach where the water temperature is 25C and also at the pool. We’ve explored the local area of Cable Beach on our bikes and been up very early for sunrise and long walks along the beach. The camels are in action in the morning and at least 3 groups of them every evening. Many 4wd head off along the beach for sunset but have to be wary of the tides. Many of our evening drinks have happened beach front and at the sunset bar. We’ve also spent time in Broome exploring the town and the Port and other sights such as Gantheaume Point. We’ve learnt a bit of the history through Chinatown on one of the historic walks. A beautiful spot that is still relatively unspoilt but with enough to be a real slice of paradise. Glad we are staying longer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb