Still in Kalgoorlie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
April 13th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, we are still in Kalgoorlie and loving it.
Today we visited a mining hall of fame – very interesting. Rodger has now completed 3 holes of the Nullarbor Golf Links – this is the world’s longest golf links. You play one hole at different spots across the Nullarbor. It is a hoot. Today he had to use a tee for fairway shots as it was all dirt and stones and he didn’t want to damage his expensive golf clubs. The putting ‘green’ was ‘black’. We laughed ourselves silly. We are amazed at how big the mining area is here and now can believe that they were able to see it from space. The history in this area is unbelievable. This arvo I went on the notorious Hay Street Brothel tour (Rodger went shopping). I loved it. The Madam kept asking if anyone had questions. Silence from the group. Well you all know me, I always have questions. So I started questioning her and learnt heaps............... hehehe. Her girls make $120 for 15minutes, so I am calculating and presenting Rodger with a HUGE bill for 42 years.
Tomorrow are moving on. We are heading into Perth. We plan on ‘bush camping’ again so will not have internet connection. I will update again when we are in Perth. We are having a ball and the best part is the like minded people you meet along the way. Luv to all, we miss you. Di and rodg.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb