So far


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
April 12th 2011
Published: April 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

3488 Klms from Home
Hi guys, well we are now well and truly in WA and 2 hours behind your time.
Our first sight of the Great Australian Bight was fantastic. The Nullarbor Plains is great and every changing. We still cannot get over how green everything is. Another few hundred kilometres and NO living kangaroos. Last night – Saturday - we camped in the bush again, just before Border Village,. It was wonderful. We could not go into Border Village because we had too much food left to eat, that would have had to be handed in at the Quarantine check point. As it is, they got ½ an avocado, 4 mushrooms, a couple of lettuce leaves and a FULL jar of Honey. Today we lunched at Cocklebiddy. Shouted ourselves fish and chips, because we had been eating so healthy all week and we had no salad vegies left. Today we travelled on the straightest road in OZ, it went for 146Klms without a turn or slight bend. Tonight we are staying in Balladonia, a roadside caravan park, with petrol, shop, motel, restaurant and bar. Speaking of petrol – we paid $2.09 a litre for diesel at Nullarbor. The average price is $1.98 per litres. So folks, we may have to ask you to pass the hat around if you want us back ................ ok, I hear you, keep going...........lol. Hey, a message for John and Marise T. I can direct reversing into site 2 attempts now. Much easier without Mal et al. ..................heehaw. Your friend Wayne was telling us about a couple he watched just parking their van next to a concrete pad. After 5 attempts of the wife directing, he husband drove out of the caravan park and left the women standing there. What a hoot! So far (cross fingers) we have not had anything to fight about, but I am sure that will change. Everyone we meet is so lovely and we meet up again at different spots. The hospitality of staff at every stop has been excellent. Well that is about it for this report. I do not know what is going on with the pics and map. This site is NOT very user friendly. I will continue to try to add pics and map. OR go look at an atlas. Tomorrow morning we are off to Kalgoorlie and will spend a couple of days there. I hope I can upload this report soon for you all. Boy oh boy we are missing Jasper, Knox and Goldie, oh and everyone else too.
Monday 11th – We are now in Kalgoorlie for 2 days. We were a little disappointed to leave the Nullarbor as we loved it so much. We actually had rain today on the Nullarbor and again on our way up to Kalgoorlie. We passed many Lakes with no water at all. Still no site of a roo or camel, but lots of birds, eagles and black crows mainly. We have not seen one aboriginal since we left Ceduna. I thought we would have seen some over the Nullarbor. Many aboriginals live here in Kalgoorlie though. We have been gone now for 8 days and are getting into the swing of everything, we can arrive be set up for the night, awning, shade, tables, chairs, etc. in 10mins. By 11 minutes I give Rodger his 1st beer and I pour my Whisky....... lol. By the way, we have noticed that ALL roads from Singleton to Kalgoorlie and better than the roads in Lake Macquarie. Wonder why we pay our rates. Well folks, we are off to do some grocery shopping now, so I will upload this and try map and pics later.
Tuesday 12th – We are enjoying Kalgoorlie so much and there is so much to do and see that we are staying another night. I will fill you in with details in next blog as I want to get this one off to you tonight.
Cheers and luv
Di and Rodg.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb