DAY 2 COOLGARDIE-BORDER VILLAGE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
June 10th 2022
Published: June 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

DAY 2 COOLGARDIE-BORDER VILLAGEAs this was to be our longest day of driving, 900kms, we set off well before the sun had risen and onto Norseman and the turn off for the Eyre Highway to carry us across the Nullarbor. It was mostly an overcast, drizzly and cold day. This is my 5th time crossing bthe Nullarbor ... Dec '78, Jan '79, Aug '82, Sept '82 and now, June '22. The Nullarbor Plain has the longest, straightest, flattest road in Australia, the 144.6km stretch between Balladonia and Caiguna in WA. The vegetation that covers the Nullarbor is mostly mulga and bluebush. The Royal Flying Doctor Service has emergency landing on many sections of the Eyre Highway. Our camp for the next 2 days will be Border Village, a settlement located in South Australia bordering WA. on the Eyre Highway within the locality of Nullarbor. It is 12km east of Eucla (WA side of the border). The village is located about 5kms north of the cliff line separating the Nullarbor Plain from the Great Australian Bight. It is also "Hole 6: Border Kangaroo" of the Nullarbor Links golf course, the longest golf course in the world spread across 2 states and 2 time zones, the 18-hole par 72 spans 1365km with 1 hole in each town or roadhouse along Eyre Highway, from Ceduna to Kalgoorlie. Crows have been known to steal balls, headwinds can be ferocious and you have to keep an eye out for snakes.Had wanted to blog, however I seemed to have stuffed that up. IT skills are RS!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th June 2022

Simply comments
Belotts, wow! I wish that i too could travel some day like you. I know that you will fully live every moment of your trip and create some rich memories. I wish you a happy, adventurous and memorable trip!
14th June 2022

Day2
Bringing it all back mate. I love that trip. Hope the price of fuel is not bankrupting you...I' endure same on my trip north 1st July. Currently both isolating at home with C19. Drive & stay safe .. M/J

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb