'Is that a pink lake?'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
November 29th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We set off in the morning planning to stay at Geraldton (which is bigger than the last couple of places with a pop of 19,000). The roads are getting quieter and quieter the further noth we go but did see a few fellow campers inc. about 4 fellow Wickeder's (it's a ritual to wave manically at other Wicked vans!). The roads were long and straight and hot; the views were picturesque as we took the coastal route and we saw a few salt lakes on the way. We stopped at a deserted cove to take some pics.

When we arrived a Geraldton we decided to keep on driving as though parts of the town looked lovely much of it was industrial esp near the campsite. We'd already been driving for around 4hrs but decided to do 2 more and get to Kalbarri- in the centre of Kalbarri National Park. On the way just around Port Gregory we saw a huuuuge, amazing pink salt lake. The roads to the park were quite hilly and we arrived about 3 in the afternoon. We went to Eagle View on our way into the town which looked out over cliffs, a gorge and a deserted small beach.

We booked into Murchison Caravan Park and got a spot on the front overlooking the sea, site is really nice, great facilities.

- Suse


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb