'Where are all the animals?'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
November 30th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Set off early this morn to start exploring Kalbarri National Park. Went to Red Bluff first where there were views of the coast and cliffs. Saw a biggish wildcat on our way to the next place Grandplace which looks over a big cliff drop. Still not seen a live Roo yet.... think our van might be offending them!

Castle Cove was the best view yet and Natural Bridge was impressive. Unfortunately couldn't see Natures window as the road was too bumpy, told Samantha could not have hacked the pace. Went to Ross Graham next - a big gorge - walked quite a little way to get down to the river. Walk back up nearly killed me! Was worth it though , though being in a lonely place near water did make me and Rob a little wary of crocs! Lastly we went to Hawks Head which was a lookout pier over the Murchison River - we watched the bird life for a while till the flies made us retreat, then we started our drive to Denham.

Stopped off at Billabong Roadhouse on the way for lunch where this lovely, friendly guy served us. Rob bought a Weird Al CD to help? pass the journey - Mat this wil be coming your way :p We saw lots of goats... After listening to the CD we couldn't find any radio stations and Rob delirious from his full fat coke sang a song about Stromalites for too long a period of time.

Eventually we arrived at Denham which is another quaint village with only just over 600 pop. Stayed at Denham Seaside Caravan Park on the beach. Cooked tea in camp kitchen (really good facilities) and went for a walk through the town before bed. There are tiger sharks here (as the info sign informed me) and the sea looks mighty scarey at night. It was quite windy where we were and the campervan rocked us to sleep.

- Suse


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb