Kalbarri national park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
September 20th 2008
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we head back on our selfs a little to explore Kalbarri national park, we stopped at some of the most breath taking views 1st stop Castle cove we jumped out and headed for the first look at WA's rugged coast line, straight away we saw about 5 wild dolphins swimming around below the waves were massive here. 2nd stop Eagle Gorge it is called this for a reason you get a birds eye view of everything for up here the noise was amazing listening to the huge waves crash against the cost line, and the gorge looks so deep from up there. 3rd Red Bluff this is where the coast starts to change colour, the coast line is covered in lime stone and sand stone ledges, underneath all this shell fish flurish. Here you can really see the ground and rock changing colour.

We payed $10 and went into the national park this is where all the fun began, the road was nothing more than sand and bumps so Jay spead up to around 60k's and we had so much fun, it is better the faster you go otherwise it is hell bumpy. 1st stop the Loop we took the short option 1km walk and headed for natures window and boy was it worth the wait the view from up here was amazing. You could see for miles and mile s the pictures do not show the real beauty. Holly was straight for the earplugs as she hates flies, so we took most of that walk taking the piss out of her saying 'Don't touch my ears' so funny. 2nd stop the Z bend from here you could see the gorge in its Z shape again breath taking.

Then we headed up the cost and arrived in Nanga bay around 4pm we set up camp and took a walk along the windy beach, the weather is heating up oh yes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb