Monkey Mia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
September 21st 2008
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we all had a good sleep and headed off from Nanga bay and went to investigate Shell beach, here the beach was covered in shells and the odd green bush type plant. The shells are washed up from sea onto the beach they say it is around 30 meters deep, their is a quarry to the left of the beach and they chop blocks of the crushed shells and use then for bricks and the dusty bits for chicken feed. The waters edge was so frothy but funny enough I did not get a good photo of this.

Back into the van and our journey continues up north to Shark Bay, we arrived around lunch time and checked into the only camp site here so yes it was expensive. We headed straight for the beach and chillaxed and within minutes wild dolphins came really close to the shore, this was awesome, we were not aloud to get into the water as the mother had a baby with her, so cute the tiny fin every now and again he would swim of with the teenage dolphins this so sweet to watch. They hung around for about 30mins we stayed for most of the afternoon.

Back at camp we had pancakes for dinner and a few to many drinks then hit the sack, we did not get much sleep in the tent as it was hell windy, the tent edge kept going onto my face and I would fell like I couldn't breath, Jay got up and tied the tent to the tree which worked until we got out of it in the morning and yes you got it the tent poles broke, so we had to DIY with bigger poles to get through the rest of adventure.

We went down to the waters edge to watch the dolphins get a feed, it was like being at Southend the wind went straight through you we stayed till the end then hit the road to Coral Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Monkey MiaMonkey Mia
Monkey Mia

The walk to the beach


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb