Home Valley Station


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Home Valley Station -

700,000 acres which is now part of Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia. It offers upmarket type accommodation and camping.

Before arriving we cross the Pentacost River with the red cliffs of the Cockburn Ranges in the background. The river is low at this time of year so crossing is easy.

Once you leave E Q you leave the bitumen behind, however we did stop for some roadworks, so looks like more road improvements are on the way. It was a short drive today to Home Valley. There are two camping areas at HV, one has pleasant grassed sites, near the pool and restaurant and the other is on the banks of the Pentacost River. As we needed to use our generator we had to go to the river camp area. It was very dusty as the grass has long since dried out. The river here is tidal, with very muddy banks at low tide and home to saltwater crocodiles but we did not see any, no luck with the fishing either. It is hot here and we headed back to the homestead swimming pool only to find out it was closed for the day? Just our luck however, there is also a smaller pool for the use of house-guests only so we managed to get a dip in that.

The next day we spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool after an unsuccessful morning fishing. Bob and I decided to have dinner at the Dusty Bar & Grill tonight, R&E were still recovering from a bout of tummy trouble and did not join us. It turned out to be a great night the food was good and there was live music, we actually got to do some dancing.

We discovered mobile phones would work if we walked to a certain spot on top of a hill. So there we are in the heat making calls to home, we must be crazy.

Great sunsets from our campsite looking across to the Cockburn Ranges.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Stuck in the sandStuck in the sand
Stuck in the sand

Ron needed a little help


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb