4th stop "Mt Elizabeth"


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Gibb River Road
August 10th 2009
Published: August 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This was our first station stop, which is on someones property that have a toilet and shower that are seperate to the main house that are for campers use. Some also take you around for a tour to show you just how the farm works....but sadly this one didn't offer anything. Bummer cause it would have good for Axel.

We stayed here 2 nights and met up with a wonderful couple Graham and Gloria again so we ended up going to the gorge and waterfalls together and made a day of it.
This track was only 10-15 mins away but took us atleast 45mins as we were in low range 4WD most of it as it was all on large boulder rocks (i admit it i shat a couple of times)

But once we got there we had the whole place to ourselves and spent most of the day there with Graham and Gloria. Axel had a great time as he had some relief grandparents to keep him company and play with him. (Soz mum & dad)
Graham and Gloria were from Busselton and were only going as far as Kununurra then turning around and heading back via the Great Northern Highway (not the gibb again)

We had to use ladders (as seen in pic) to get down the rocks which was interesting.... we also seen some marron and tried to catch them with some nets that we found, but no luck 😞

We got back around 5 in the arvo and had a well deserved dinner (spag bog) and a few drinks then an early night to prepare ourselves for out huge treck the next day to Home Valley Station.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb