The Gibb River Road day 6


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Gibb River Road
September 9th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we were on a mission to get to El Questro in time to hop on the boat cruise down Chamberlain Gorge. We packed up and shot off to make it just in time to get ourselves booked on. What a relief as I didn't fancy a huge walk in the heat today and a leisurely boat cruise seemed to be a wonderful option! Plus, we got plenty of glasses of bubbly and fresh fruit on the return leg of the journey so erm sweaty walk or boat ride with alcohol? Tough choice really!

It was a really good trip and the guide was really informative, did you know that 83% of crocodile attacks happen to Germans? They also told us about the Archer fish....they spit at the months etc just at the water surface which makes them drop in the water for them to feed on. If you held a piece of bread they would spit at you. One spat right in my eye and let me tell you there was a copious amount of water with some force behind it for a little fish!

We then got back to camp just in time to hit happy hour at the bar there and then we had steak for tea!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb