Karratha to Onslow to Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
August 17th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cape Range National ParkCape Range National ParkCape Range National Park

Sand Dunes. It was fun but windy
Left Karratha and went into Dampier. It was a nice place. Went into Onslow for a night. On the way out we had a look at the salt pools we had seen yesterday. The sun evaporates the water and leaves the salt behind. We managed to grab a bit of the salt in a block.

On the way to Exmouth we saw Variety Club cars driving past. There were lots and lots of them. Each car had a different theme and one had a motorbike on the roof. It as sponsored by a motorbike shop. Stopped at Pebble Beach, just before Exmouth. It is called Pebble Beach because it doesn’t have sand; it has little pebbles all over the beach.

One day we went to Jansz Beach, we had a swim. There were a lot of shells in the water and as the waves broke on the shore they hit your ankles and it hurt. We had to go further in because it was only knee deep. When we got past the shells there was a step in the sand and the water suddenly became deeper. We went a bit further and caught some waves.

In Cape Range
Cape Range National ParkCape Range National ParkCape Range National Park

Jansz Beach - only 1 set of footprints & me
there was a huge sand dune area. We ran up and down them, right to the water’s edge. The wind was blowing and the sand was flying.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb