Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
September 17th 2007
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another long day of driving the now notoriously mind numbingly boring straight roads we finally arived in Exmouth.. after taking in the the now familliar sights of sandy plains and termight mounds. We were quite suprised at how different Exmouth was looking back at Coral Bay as everything was spread out. All the beaches and sights were at least half hour to an hours drive from the town meaning the car came in to play a fair amount, with one of the best beaches Torquiose Bay, about an hour away where the Ningaloo Reef stretches all the way up from Coral Bay.

with not a lot to do in Exmouth fishing was back on the agenda even after our continuing failure to actually catch any fish at numerous attempts..!! Overall the fishing started to get to and so i decided it was time to give up.. especially given the fact that i hate fish in the first place..!! Although John just kept on going until he finally lost his lure.

We decided to extend our stay in Exmouth regardless of the fact that there wasn't much to do here as vikki's birthday was only a few days away with the next non remote place being Broom.. a few days drive away. We headed out for a chinese and then onto the local pub for a bit Saturday night fever.. and athough shots & pints were banned in Exmouth due to the "fight on binge drinking," John still managed to get into a fight with one of the locals..!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb