South West


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Esperance
September 24th 2011
Published: September 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was sad to leave the Aylett’s place as we had a great time there. We left Perth on the 10th of September to explore the south-west. On the way we stopped at the Fremantle market where Dad and I did some busking. We didn’t make much money though as there were lots of other buskers. We had lunch with Jen’s sister and her family then headed to Wellington National park to camp for the night. We didn’t see much because we arrived there in the dark.
The next day we went to visit the King Jarrah tree. It was really tall and there was a huge hole in the back. We drove some more and arrived in Gnomesville, which was a place where people have just put their gnome families in the bush. We then drove to Busselton -which is a town next to the sea. We went out on the massive jetty (1 km long!) and watched people fish. It took ages to walk the jetty and it was very tiring so they had a train going up and down for the people who could not walk that far.
From Busselton we drove to Dunsborough. We stayed in a caravan park there and camped on nice grass next to a pond with ducks and geese. The next day we drove along the Caves road to Margaret River. We had lunch there and had a go at the ‘mad dog’ skate park. Mum took some photos for Rachel who is helping design the new Mount Beauty one. Then we drove to Conto Campground which is in Leewin Naturaliste National park. Ash and I did some sand boarding while Dad did some fishing. The next day we drove to Augusta where we had a look at the lighthouse, a water wheel and did some fishing. On the way back we stopped to check out Hamelin Bay where we tried some more sand boarding while dad did some more fishing. That night we had roast chicken in the camp oven.
We packed up and drove to Pemberton where we visited the Gloucester tree. The Gloucester tree is a big karri tree (about 60 metres high)with metal pegs stuck in it so you could climb to the top like a ladder. Mum was the only one to go up it. It didn’t look very safe and there were no harnesses or safety stuff. Then we drove to Parry’s beach campground and set up camp. Dad did some fishing while Ash and I did some sand boarding. The beach was very rocky in some places and sandy in other places. We ate some of the fish we caught for dinner. The next day we went to the Valley of the Giants. This is a forest with massive eucalypt trees called Tingles. We did a guided walk and then the tree top canopy walk where the path was suspended and shaking. Afterwards we visited the town of Denmark as well as William National park. We walked to the green pools and elephant rocks.
The next day we drove to Albany and visited the whale world museum. It was an old whaling station. They showed us all these machines and as well as where they stored the whale oil and where they cooked up the whale meat. It was pretty sad. We also looked through a whaling ship and watched a cool 3D movie about whales. After the tour we looked through the wildlife park. There were quokka’s, spotted quolls, albino wallabies, koala’s and lots of other animals. After this we went to Panorama caravan park and camped on grass again. There was a little jetty with pelicans on it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Whale worldWhale world
Whale world

Pygmy blue whale skeleton
Albany caravan park viewAlbany caravan park view
Albany caravan park view

Check out the pelicans
View from Frenchmans PeakView from Frenchmans Peak
View from Frenchmans Peak

Mum is excited because she got phone reception
School by the seaSchool by the sea
School by the sea

Lucky Bay near Esperance
Storm TrooperStorm Trooper
Storm Trooper

This guy was walking from Perth to Sydney raising money for the Starlight foundation


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb